From: Lee Howard [mailto:faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, 9 February 2007 1:34 PM
To: Peter Verhoeven
Cc: hylafax-user
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] a quickie

Peter Verhoeven wrote:

>I'm seeing all the Blocked jobs (say in WHFC, with a 'B' State and a
>status of 'Blocked by concurrent calls', but they just stay there
>forever or until I restart Hylafax in which case one of the Blocked
>jobs gets sent but the remainder stay Blocked again forever, until the
>next time I restart Hylafax and then again only the next Blocked job is

>sent, but the remainder always stays blocked.
>
>Is this the problem that is a known bug, or do I have a unique
>situation on my hands?

It sounds exactly like the one that I described and fixed in HylaFAX+,
yes.  No, it does not seem to be a unique issue from what I've seen.

>Also, how is batching enabled/disabled or how can I check the status of

>this?

Batching is typically enabled by setting "MaxBatchJobs: 64" in your faxq
config file (/var/spool/hylafax/etc/config).  Disable it by using "1"
instead of "64".  It is probably enabled by default.

However, individual destinations may have batching disabled in the
destination's info file (/var/spool/hylafax/info/__).  In there it is
disabled with "supportsBatching:no".  "yes" enables it, obviously.

My guess is that your info file has it disabled for this particular
destination.

>What I'd really like is for the concurrent call blocking to be
>completely gone. i.e. I don't care that Hylafax thinks it's a
>concurrent call (in my case all these blocked calls are handled by a
>virtual line that does it's own queueing anyway). I have set
>MaxConcurrentJobsS* to
>9999 for every ttyS* but no difference...

It's "MaxConcurrentCalls" now, but yes, faxq should be backwards
compatible to understand "MaxConcurrentJobs".  Note, however, that there
is no trailing "S*" on the end of what I just typed.  If you're looking
at some on-line documentation it will put a couple of characters after
the correct text because of the way that man2html works.  Note that I
have gone through some effort to resolve that in the on-line manpages at
sourceforge:

  http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/hylafax-config.php

So what you probably want in your faxq configuration file is this:

  MaxConcurrentCalls: 99