Re: [hylafax-users] No ECM or 2-D on Multitech 5634ZPX

A. Kalten wrote:

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:01:53 -0800
Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's behaving exactly as if you've disabled ECM... either by request in the fax job or somewhere in the configuration.

How does one explicitly enable ECM? In my sendfax.conf file, I have:

DesiredEC: 2

This should enable ECM. To disable ECM, this would be set to zero.

Aha! Okay, I see what's going on now.

When I developed Class 1 ECM support I also attempted to extend DesiredEC from being boolean (on/off) to allow for the client to actually select between the various ECM modes (right now 64-bit and 256-bit... but in the future I suppose it could also include full-duplex ECM, "Annex C" --- which purpose would be the real purpose behind this extension). However, when I did that work I neglected to see that in the client-server hfaxd protocol that USEECM is still boolean... and that's the problem. Somewhere the "2" is turning into a "false" in that process.

So that's the bug I'll fix for 5.0.4.

Thanks,