Re: [hylafax-users] T.30 T2 timeout, expected signal not received

Pardon my ignorance, but from the following excerpt from the docs, it
looks like Agere chipsets should work. However, I guess the keywords
are "new" and OCM. Is there any way to know whether a specific model
is "new" and not OCM? The reason I am asking is that I recently posted
a question on the mailing list about a specific modem I thought about
buying specifically for Hylafax and I am not quite sure whether it
will work or not.
And considering that no one has responded, I am assuming that it can't
be determined what chipset the modem has just by its model. Is this
correct?

"... modems with a new Lucent/Agere chipset (a.k.a. "Venus" found on
MultiTech, Zoom, and MainPine modems) all work very well in Class 1
and 1.0 (if the modem reports support for it via the AT+FCLASS=?
command) ..."

I guess my other question is, is there any way to know whether a modem
supports Class 1 and 1.0 before installing it (vs running
AT+FCLASS=?). I buy my equipment from the net and you almost have to
buy blind because most of the ways to determine some parameter or
another is by having it installed and running commands against it.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Arshavir