Re: [hylafax-users] pagesend

Tony Delov wrote:
Lee Howard wrote:
Tony Delov wrote:
May 23 14:15:59 hylafax PageSend[18952]: MODEM set baud rate: 38400 baud, input flow RTS/CTS, output flow RTS/CTS
May 23 14:15:59 hylafax PageSend[18952]: MODEM tcsetattr: Invalid argument
May 23 14:15:59 hylafax PageSend[18952]: Unable to setup modem on /dev/ttya4; giving up after 10 attempts
May 23 14:15:59 hylafax PageSend[18952]: <-- [5:ATH0\r]
May 23 14:15:59 hylafax PageSend[18952]: --> [2:OK]
May 23 14:15:59 hylafax PageSend[18952]: MODEM set DTR OFF
May 23 14:15:59 hylafax PageSend[18952]: MODEM set baud rate: 0 baud (flow control unchanged)
May 23 14:15:59 hylafax PageSend[18952]: MODEM tcsetattr: Invalid argument
So let me make sure that I understand correctly... This does NOT happen when using faxsend? The tcsetattr problem only occurs with pagesend?
The OK response after ATH0 is encouraging... it doesn't look like before.

Lee.
I've been wondering if its the way we have the modems set up?
We have out modems connected to a stallion port server and a small program running on the linux servers that maps a pseudo device pttya4 to ttya4 device?
The srv_tty progarm connects to an ip number and port on stallion port server.
This is a link to the app used (if it makes the clearer on the how I have things set up):
http://www.stallion.com.au/html/download/es2-utilities.php
http://stallion.com.au/html/userdoc/esii/es2_unix/es2_use_unix4.php
Could it be that pagesend dose not communicate with the pseudo devices?
FaxSend seems to work ok with this sort of set up?

I was just looking at the README for this svr_tty app.. Which may explain why the Parity didn't change to odd or none, however, I don't think it explains why sendfax works and pagesend did not? (for me at least)

The use of a UNIX pseudo-tty imposes some limitations, although
these are not normally a problem for most applications.  The same
limitations occur in other situations where pseudo-ttys are used,
e.g. a remote login connection using telnet or rlogin.

The major difference between a real serial port and the pseudo-tty
which provides a reverse telnet connection is that hardware-related
characteristics such as baud rate, number of bits per character,
hardware flow control, etc. cannot be set by the application program
using the normal UNIX tty device API (ioctl).  These characteristics
must be configured in the Server using the facilities it provides
(web interface, command line interface, configuration files, etc.)

Attention: The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of The Gribbles Group.

Thank You.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that this e-mail message and any attachments are free from viruses, you should scan this message and any attachments.
Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or any attachment.