Re: [hylafax-users] pagesend

Tony Delov wrote:

Lee Howard wrote:

Tony Delov wrote:

May 19 14:23:23 hylafax PageSend[6270]: <-- [5:ATM0\r]
May 19 14:23:24 hylafax PageSend[6270]: --> [2:OK]
May 19 14:23:24 hylafax PageSend[6270]: MODEM set parity: 7 bits, even parity
May 19 14:23:24 hylafax PageSend[6270]: MODEM tcsetattr: Invalid argument

Either your modem or your OS doesn't seem to like setting the parity to 7bits, even parity via tcsetattr in the way that we are.

See 'man hylafax-info' about pagerTTYParity. Try changing the info file entry between "even", "odd", and "none" ... and see if any of those have an effect. If not, then it's probably an OS-specific issue that's going to require some code work to HylaFAX to fix.

I'm wondering if its even reading the info file?
I made a the changes as suggested, but they all come up as "set parity: 7 bits, even parity".
I didn't re-start the server after altering the phone number info. Would that be an issue?

No, you shouldn't need to restart the server. Are the permissions on the info file incorrect?

If all else fails you could just try disabling the code that does this (which is the only code difference between a faxsend and a pagesend initialization. In this code (faxd/pageSendApp.c++) :

/*
* Modem and TTY setup
*/
bool
pageSendApp::setupModem(bool isSend)
{
   return (ModemServer::setupModem(isSend) &&
       setParity((Parity) getConfigParity(pagerTTYParity)));
}

just remove the "&& setParity(...)" part. See how that goes, then.