Re: [hylafax-users] Adaptive answer, MT5634ZBA-V92 (was Receive problems with MT2834ZDX modems)

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006, Lee Howard wrote:
>Bill Campbell wrote:

>Well, on the bright side it appears that the patch did what it was
>supposed to do: that is, HylaFAX now does not see the duplicated "FAX"
>response.  The downside, of course, is that fax reception is still not
>going.  So we're half-way there.

Right :-).

>Hopefully this is just an issue of command-response-reaction
>misunderstanding between HylaFAX and the modem... if it is then we can
>fix things.  If not, then you'll either need to turn to MultiTech for
>support on this (firmware with a bug fix?) or try to get your
>DistinctiveRing going (which probably will serve you better in the
>long-run anyway).
>
>Stop running faxgetty on this modem.  Open it up with minicom instead.
>Send the following commands:
>
> <-- ATZ
> --> OK
> <-- ATS0=0
> --> OK
> <-- AT+FCLASS=1
> --> OK
> <-- AT+FAA=1

I think that AT%A1+FAA=1 is necessary on the current modem (version 1.32B
according to the hylafax.log file).

> --> OK
>
>And then place a fax call to that modem.  You should see "RING" messages
>appear.  When you do then give the "ATA" command.  Then tell me what
>happens.  It should go something like this:
>
> --> RING
> <-- ATA
> --> FAX

Using kermit I see the following response
RING
ATA

FAX

FAX

CONNECT

Communications disconnect (Back at spooner.mi.celestial.com)

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

Breathe fire, slay dragons, and take chances. Failure is temporary, regret
is eternal.