[hylafax-users] Adaptive answer, MT5634ZBA-V92 (was Receive problems with MT2834ZDX modems)

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006, Bill Campbell wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 14, 2006, Steve Tuckner wrote:
>
>>It is still for sale, but development on it ceased many moons ago. I
>>(biased that I am) would suggest getting a Multi-Tech MT5634ZBA-V92. It
>>supports V.34 as well as Class 1.
>
>I just ordered one of these from Matter of Fax, the same place I got a
>couple of the MT2834ZDXbs recently.  Once it's here and tested, I'll have
>these surplus as well as an older MT2834ZDX.

I received the MT5634ZBA-V92 yesterday, and have spent the better part of
two days trying to figure out how to get it to work with adaptive answer as
it needs to accept data calls as well as faxes.

The only thing I've found that gets data calls to work is to use
``ModemSetupAACmd: AT%A1+FAA=1'' which causes HylaFAX to hand data
connections off to getty properly.  Unfortunately fax calls then fail.  If
I leave out ModemSetupAACmd, faxes are handled properly, but data calls
fail.  I have tried various combinations of ModemAnswerCmd,
ModemAnswerDataCmd, and ModemAnswerFaxCmd with no success.

I've tried Class1RecvIdentTimer, AdaptiveAnswer, and AnswerRotary, but
these never handed data calls off to getty.

We have distinctive lines with two phone numbers coming into the fax modem
so I tried DistinctiveRings, with DRingOn and DRingOff, which would come up
with things like ``WFR: received cadence 20, 0, 0, 0, 0'', ``ANSWER: Ring
detected without successful handshake'' even though I had DistintiveRings
``D-20,F-8'' which I think should have been a data call.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``When dealing with any spammer, one must always keep in mind that you
are dealing with someone who makes their living through forgery, fraud,
theft, subterfuge and obfuscation.  Stated simply, spammers lie.''
     David Ritz <dritz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>