Re: [hylafax-users] Hayes Accura 56K (Conextant) misconfigured? ERR Unknown problem

Matt Woodward wrote:

I decided to try using your "ModemDialCmd" string first and it worked very well.

Fantastic.

I've also figured out what "Message-Waiting" means. I've borrowed my friend's phone line to test this out and whenever she has a message in her voicemail, she gets the "stutter" dial-tone before she gets a solid dial-tone. That must be what that message means.

How would I add a line to my config file to tell HylaFax to ignore this reply from the modem?

There was one other poster that reported this same modem response (that I know of).

Unfortunately, there is not a way to configure HylaFAX to ignore the MESSAGE-WAITING modem response. It would have to be coded in to ignore it. I've made the small adjustment to the code repository at Sourceforge, so it will be in the 4.2.5.4 subrelease (whenever that happens). When I get some more time to move over that and a few other patches I'll get it over to hylafax.org, too.

Thanks,