Re: [hylafax-users] faxrm - no such job found

* Joseph <syscon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [060112 13:32]:
> I've removed the mgetty manually.  But to my surprised the mgetty seems
> to me is a dependency when installing Hylafax in Gentoo Linux:
>
> emerge -pv hylafax
> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
>
> Calculating dependencies ...done!
> [ebuild  N    ] net-dialup/mgetty-1.1.33  -doc 0 kB
> [ebuild   R   ] net-misc/hylafax-4.2.3-r1  -faxonly +jpeg -mgetty +pam 0
> kB

mgetty is a fine package to have installed with HylaFAX.  mgetty has no
FAX related functions.  but efax (on many distributions in the same
packages as mgetty) is incompatible with HylaFAX.  mgetty is a getty
that is often configured to be invoked by faxgetty when an incoming data
call is handled instead of a fax call.

> I've submitted a bug on Gentoo stating that "faxrm" doesn't work after
> mgetty upgrade and asked them why is "mgetty" dependency when installing
> Hylafax.

I can't speak to the gentoo specifics, but "HylaFAX" puts a faxrm
binary (and sendfax, faxalter, faxstat) in $PREFIX/bin

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103