Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax loses modems

Jitse Groen wrote:

is related and I've not seen it before.

There's your problem. Only one permanent faxq process should be running. If you run more than one then they fight and you'll see what you're seeing, among other things.

Are you sure? I killed one of the faxq's but that didn't really help. I am sure when I reboot the situation is back to normal but the thing is, after a while I am also pretty sure the same problems will occur.

Now, any idea why this happens and more importantly, what can we do about it?

You'll have to kill both faxqs and then start one up again to get things right.

If this situation arises after time on its own, then you have something that is "restarting" the faxq service. Sometimes the automatic restarts don't work right because faxq will not die immediately if a child process (e.g. faxsend) is running. If a new faxq is started before the old one exits then the old one seems to linger and run.