Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax loses modems

is related and I've not seen it before.

There's your problem. Only one permanent faxq process should be running. If you run more than one then they fight and you'll see what you're seeing, among other things.

Are you sure? I killed one of the faxq's but that didn't really help. I am sure when I reboot the situation is back to normal but the thing is, after a while I am also pretty sure the same problems will occur.

Now, any idea why this happens and more importantly, what can we do about it?

Thanks!