Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax loses modems

* Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [050509 09:50]:
> Jitse,
>
> HylaFAX faxq (via the dispatcher) is supposed to initializes the modem
> before calling on faxsend.  The status will change to "Waiting for modem
> to come ready" when faxq is preparing the image file if you are running
> faxgetty because faxq sets a lockfile for the modem which faxgetty
> detects, and so faxgetty changes the status.  faxq then will change it to
> "Initializing" after the job preparation is done and when faxq is ready to
> invoke faxsend.
>
> If there is some error with faxq initializing the modem then it *should*
> (this is just what I'm thinking, not what the code says) return the job to
> the queue and then move on to the next job.  These jobs that get returned
> to the queue should get attempted at the next pass, sometime later.
>
> If you're seeing jobs get "stuck" to one modem permanently then either the
> job is being submitted with a specified modem (rather than a group of
> modems) or there is a problem with faxq.

faxq simply locks the device, and after preparing the work, exec's
faxsend telling it it has the device locked (no -l).  FaxGetty, when it
notices that the lock has been taken, changes to "Waiting for modem...".
FaxSend, once it has the modem open, changes it to "Initializing...".
Once faxsend "exits", it will have set

I would up the logs from faxq (ServerTracing: 0xFFFFF), and see if it's
actually execing faxsend, and what it's return code is.

If it is not exec'ing faxsend, we have to figure out why.  If it is, we
can start tracing why faxsend is is hanging.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103