Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax&ISDN and UseISDNFaxService

> Hi
> I am using Hylafax in conjunction with capi4hylafax and AVM Fritz ISDN
> card. Now I explore the config files and I wonder, what is the exact
> meaning of UseISDNFaxService option in config.faxCAPI file?
>
> In the file there is the following comment:
> #When in "UseISDNFaxService" the value is = 1, an outoing call will be
> # established using the ISDN-FAX-G3 service indicator. For 0, a 3.1kHz
> # audio connection is established.
>
> Does anyone know what is meant by the ISDN-FAX-G3 service and in which
> conditions it is possible/suitable to use it?
> Is there any difference between g3 service on analog modems (which is
> standard for years I think) and g3 service on ISDN?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Vladimir Bobek

 I may be wrong on this, but I think that is the digital fax communication
which only works if you are communicating with another digital fax
machine. It, as far as I know, won't allow you to communicate with an
analogue device. Someone more knowledgeable on this subject may well prove
me incorrect;-)

Matt