Re: [hylafax-users] I'm fed up with faxing under linux :-)

Hi,

> They're all bound to become not-current very quickly - and
since many,
> many HylaFAX users are using old modems to begin with, the
chances are
> good that a list produced in such a way would be outdated
from the
> minute it began.

Well I think that is only partialy true :-)
Oh well maybe every "fax admin" must walk
the same way to find right modem for him:-)

> Not that I want to stick up for USR at all, but I've used
USRs with
>CallerID just fine.

Yes propably in US, I think that this issue is specific
to Polish telco.:-( .I've read in zyxel FAQ
that to get CallerID working with U1496
in some countries you must do hardware modifications
When I get replacement for my ZyXEL maybe I'll try this.

> > Feb 19 18:21:10.96: [ 2889]: <-- [9:AT+FTH=3\r]
> > Feb 19 18:21:11.43: [ 2889]: --> [10:NO CARRIER]
> >
> > What has happened here that I've got no carrier ??
>
>If this is reproducible, then the modem is broken; it cannot
raise a
> V.21 transmission carrier (NO CARRIER is not a valid response
per

What do you mean by that it is reproducible ?
That this happens everytime or time to time ?
In my case it hapens in about 40% outbound connections

Many thanks for your quick response :-)

Chris