[hylafax-users] "no local dialtone" behind a telephon system (connection to the system ok)

Hi there,

I have configured hylafax under Linux Suse 9.0, but when sending faxes, for example with sendfax, i get the error message in faxstat -srv "no local dialtone". Listening to the modems noise (I have set the noise to "high" for testing), I only hear the internal dialtone from the telephon system, not the external dialtone. (the modem doesn't try to dial) But, because of this, i know that the modem is connected to the telephon system. There is no way in the telephon system to make a direct external connection for this line.

So, i have tried to add ATX3\nATDT%s as a ModemDialCmd in the config.ttyS0, but, after restarting hylafax, still the same problem.

May anyone help me where to add which AT command, so the modem either won't wait for the dialtone (and the 0 for external calls will be dialed in the fax number) oder dials a 0 for external calls for all faxnumbers (and, of course, it should dial this 0 without waiting for the dialtone)

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english (can talk german bether ;-)

Gernot