Re: [hylafax-users] "no local dialtone" behind a telephon system (connection to the system ok)

Reverse your configuration settings to the default
ones. Then, edit $HYLAFAX/etc/dialrules or
$HYLAFAX/etc/dialrules.europe (even leaving in Europe,
I use dialrules without any glitch), and at the
bottom, before the ] include this line

^[0-9]{X,}$             = 0,&

where X = the lenght of the numbers you dial.

Example: here, the lenght of our national numbers is
equal to 9 so, X=9. Try this first.

From the config.ttyXX files you have this information

# We normally append the "@" symbol to the dial string
so that
# the modem will wait 5 seconds before attempting to
connect
# and return result codes that distinguish between no
carrier
# and no answer.  This makes it possible to avoid
problems with
# repeatedly dialing a number that doesn't have a fax
machine
# (kudos to Stuart Lynne for this trick.)
#
# NB: If you need to prefix phone numbers to get
through a PBX,
#     put it in the ModemDialCmd; e.g. "DT9%s@".
#
ModemDialCmd:           ATDT%s          # T for tone
dialing, @ for silence

I prefer doing this in dialrules, because sometimes we
send copies of fax from a office to another, and we
use internal number with lenght of 6 digits. If I put
the rule of 9 digits doesn't work.

Hopes this helps.
Cheers.