[hylafax-users] ok so USR sucks but...

Greetings all,

Well my hylafax has purring along with a USR Courier V Everything for few
weeks and I'm now a bit curious. As many of us do, when evaluating tools
(especially opensource) we grab what someone else thought was garbage,
staple a bunch of junk together and see what happens. Makes for interesting
reading I guess as people continually try to breathe new life into crap that
should remain in the grave. That open source can survive this treatment is
validation of its integrity, imagine calling microsoft because you're trying
to put XP on your old commodore.

So anyway, I know now that I should have stayed away from the USR but since
its running fine should I:

1) Leave the USR in place, and feel pretty comfortable that since its
working it will stay working.
2) Rip it out and replace with a nice new modem.
3) Be clever and pay i_fax to just add another modem and have two modems in
place somehow backing each other up.

I'm sending (only) about 5 faxes a day but will get to 50 a day in the next
year.

Any input will be appreciated,

Barney