Re: [hylafax-users] It was a good try at Open Source....

Frank,

It's not simply about Open Source. Performance speaks volumes and you had
barely a whisper from the sounds of it. Your solution could have cost $5000
and been backed up by commercial support (which _is_ available for HylaFAX),
and it still would not have gained acceptance at your company, because it
just didn't work well. I can't say I blame the decision makers in the
least - it seems they made the right decision.

You chose an unfortunate modem for your proof of concept, and it failed to
perform adequately. It doesn't take much archive searching to discover that
USR's are pretty much the worst choice for HylaFAX (and fax in general), but
unfortunately, you ignored (or did not understand) Lee's helpful advice on
how to remedy the problem (by buying a new modem), at which point it was
pretty much game, set and match for the people who didn't want you to
succeed.

If you want to have fun, make sure those testing commercial solutions use
the same USR modem. You might get the last laugh yet!

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson
Senior Sales & Support Engineer