Re: [hylafax-users] ok so USR sucks but...

On 2004.03.08 12:23 Barney Treadway wrote:

So anyway, I know now that I should have stayed away from the USR but
since
its running fine should I:

Don't fix what ain't broken.

1) Leave the USR in place, and feel pretty comfortable that since its
working it will stay working.

That's what I would do.

2) Rip it out and replace with a nice new modem.

You run the possibility of encountering problems with the nice new modem and then having to figure out what's up.

3) Be clever and pay i_fax to just add another modem and have two
modems in
place somehow backing each other up.

Having a backup modem on-hand isn't a bad idea.

iFax isn't the only option for paid-support, but I don't think that you'd get the value out of a hired consultant as long as things are working well and the risk (5 to 50 faxes a day) is probably relatively low.

Lee.

I'm sending (only) about 5 faxes a day but will get to 50 a day in the
next
year.

Any input will be appreciated,

Barney

/dev/null
*To learn about commercial HylaFAX(tm) support, mail
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxx*