Re: [hylafax-users] Text to PS to Fax

Paul Kraus wrote:

Our main software package runs on sco openserver. I need to be able to send
a faxed copy of an order to our customers. Then send back an email to the
Customer Service rep that the fax went through or failed.

I am going to output the order to to a text file then using perl I was going
to send it to my linux / Hylafax server. My question is how can I format
this using postscript so that I can make a decent looking fax?

I use the following to make PS files from text: http://www.infres.enst.fr/~demaille/a2ps/

Probably the best way to proceed is create a PS template in your editor of choice, then use perl to insert your text into it where needed each time an order is generated.

Also how do I tell Hylafax fax to send back a confirmation to a specific
person as to what happened with the fax? Did it fail, did it send, ect..

Assuming your script will call sendfax with postscript file as an argument, you'll want to look at `man sendfax`; the -D and -f switch in particular.

--
Steven Kurylo