Re: [hylafax-users] Text to PS to Fax

Hi Paul,

You can generate a postscript template by designing your document in Netscape and then issuing a save as to convert this into a postscript file. I populate my template using C-code (replacing some fixed token with the desired text) - this way I get all the formatting I want in the correct manner. I've actually been tempted to write a postscript generation library to skip the steps involving Netscape and provide more flexibility (I use multiple templates so it gets awkward).

If you design with Netscape dont' forget to preserve a html version as well so that you can re-modify it at a later stage.

FYI:         Netscape tends to place about a 1" margin at the top and bottom of the page which again may or may not cause an issue for you. I've had to strip it out of the postscript for some things.

For the email notification - there is a Notify flag which has been discussed on this newsgroup a few times over the last few weeks. In summary,

        Edit hyla.conf and insert "Notify:                 done" to get notification of success/failure.
        You may/may not need to bounce hfaxd/faxq... I don't quite remember.

I hope this helps,

Bruce Whittaker,
CASS Support,
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information, including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.

"Paul Kraus" <pkraus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/03/2004 02:19