Re: [hylafax-users] Text to PS to Fax

Hi

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 15:19, Paul Kraus wrote:
> to send it to my linux / Hylafax server. My question is how can I format
> this using postscript so that I can make a decent looking fax?

I've not actually tried this out yet, so YMMV, but I'm hoping it works
so I can do something similar here....
Postscript files are ASCII rather than binary, so you can manipulate
them fairly easily if you know where to look. It may well be that you
can create a nice fax template as a Postscript file and then regexp in
the headers/body as necessary.

It's a fairly sparse introduction, but the post that got me thinking
about this approach was:

http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2002-04/msg00144.php

> Also how do I tell Hylafax fax to send back a confirmation to a specific
> person as to what happened with the fax? Did it fail, did it send, ect..

Check out your hyla.conf (in /etc/hylafax/ here) for "Notify: Done", it
may well be commented out. That will make Hylafax send an email with the
result of every fax, succeed or fail.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones