Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax through as5350 to fax-machine

On 2003.12.22 03:49 Sergey Sidorenko wrote:
Good day,

We're using hylafax v.4.1.8 with as5350 (open h323, t38modem and
etc.).
Looks like we've got some problems when sending through cisco to
fax-machines. At first sight recieved fax looks fine but when we take
closer look there are some distorted lines. It feels like number of
lines
used to print a single line of text decreased. Sometimes 1 or 2 or
even 3
lines are missing. This bug appears only when sending to fax-machine.
In
case of modem on opposite side, we recieve a pretty fine picture. You
might
say - RTFM, but we've studied readmes and howtos carefully. What's our
problem? When using hylafax with zyxel omni 56k instead of cisco and
whenzyxel was configured to use fax protocol class 2.0 we didn't have
problems with quality. Class 1 or class 2 on zyxel caused the same
cisco
problem.

Could the VoIP eqipment be trying to "reformat" the data on-the-fly in order to accomodate a fine -> normal resolution conversion?