Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax through as5350 to fax-machine

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 12:49, Sergey Sidorenko wrote:
> Good day,
>
> We're using hylafax v.4.1.8 with as5350 (open h323, t38modem and etc.).
> Looks like we've got some problems when sending through cisco to
> fax-machines. At first sight recieved fax looks fine but when we take a
> closer look there are some distorted lines. It feels like number of lines
> used to print a single line of text decreased. Sometimes 1 or 2 or even 3
> lines are missing. This bug appears only when sending to fax-machine. In
> case of modem on opposite side, we recieve a pretty fine picture. You might
> say - RTFM, but we've studied readmes and howtos carefully. What's our
> problem? When using hylafax with zyxel omni 56k instead of cisco and
> whenzyxel was configured to use fax protocol class 2.0 we didn't have
> problems with quality. Class 1 or class 2 on zyxel caused the same cisco
> problem.

Hello Sergey,

this looks like a flow control problem. As far as i understand, paper
fax machines are more likely to demand a pause in transmission when
they need to keep up with printing what they received. I'm not sure how
does that apply to an AS5350, but I guess you'll figure that out easily.

regards,

Michal Rok