Re: [hylafax-users] DTMF detection - stopping at 'VCON'

On 2003.12.23 12:33 Matt Baldwin wrote:
Am trying to set up my MultiTech MT5600ZDXV to receive DTMF digits
that my
PBX spits out to the line upon answering.  In my config I have:
ModemRingResponse: 	"AT#CLS=8\nAT#VLS=4\nATA"  #go into voice
mode on
ring, enable line and spkr and answer
ModemAnswerCmd: 	"AT+FCLASS=1;ATA"  #switch to class1 then
answer
RingsBeforeAnswer: 	0  #disable auto-answer
CIDNumber: 		"."  #format of the DTMF digits ("CID")
QualifyCID:		etc/cid  #create this
CIDNumberAnswerLength:	5  # 5 DTMF digits - then answer
*In theory* this should allow the modem to detect the 5 DTMF tones
that the
PBX spits out, then switch to class 1 and answer the line.
If I step thru it in Minicom I am picking up the digits.  I launch
minicom
and type
AT#CLS=8
(returns OK) then
AT#VLS=4
and get a ^Ph as a response.  Then I ring in on the line, when I see
"ring"
in the minicom window I type ATA, and get
VCON
.1.2.3.4  (Digits from PBX)
then type AT+FCLASS=1 to switch to class1, and type ATA and it will
answer
and I get a CONNECT message.
BUT when I let Hylafax handle things, I get the following:

FaxGetty[21166]: --> [4:RING]
FaxGetty[21166]: <-- [9:AT#CLS=8\r]
FaxGetty[21166]: --> [2:OK]
FaxGetty[21166]: <-- [9:AT#VLS=4\r]
FaxGetty[21166]: --> [2:^Ph]
FaxGetty[21166]: --> [2:OK]
FaxGetty[21166]: <-- [4:ATA\r]
FaxGetty[21166]: --> [4:VCON]
FaxGetty[21166]: MODEM TIMEOUT: reading line from modem

It would be useful to see the timings here. Is there any way to get rid of the voice-answering part... to eliminate the VCON?

It just seems to sit at the VCON (Voice Connection) response code
until the
30 second timeout period, never picks up the digits or does anything
else....  I've made sure I matched all the initialization that hylafax
does
so that it is exactly the same condition as minicom is when I do it
"manually".  Anyone have any ideas?

But minicom may initialize it by default with other things. Both minicom and faxgetty just read characters from the device, so I think it only has to do with the device settings (unless it's a bug somewhere else).