Re: [hylafax-users] Speeding hylafax

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 10:18:50AM -0600, Lee Howard wrote:
> At 05:46 PM 6/4/01 +0200, v.demart@libero.it wrote:
> >Being interested in mass faxing I've noticed that, when a called line
> >is busy, Hylafax waits for a while then ritries to send the fax again
> >even though there are heaps of queued faxes.
> >
> >Is it possible to configure Hylafax so that in those circumstances it
> >deals immediatedly with the following fax retrying the sending of the
> >previous fax immediatedly after?
> >
> >This would turn out to be more efficient and less time-consuming...
>
> In what way?  If you've got ten faxes all for the same destination, how is
> retrying the same destination with a different fax job going to have any
> better chance of success than retrying the same destionation with the same
> fax job?

I believe he's talking about the situation where the faxes are all
going different places... but the behavior he desires should be what he
would actually see in that case, wouldn't it?  I'm pretty sure that's
how it's working here...

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS/X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows