Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with multiple modem configuration

At 07:22 PM 5/17/01 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 03:01:44PM -0600, Lee Howard wrote:
>> That is correct, only if the remote has a "hunting" feature or fax-bank on
>> the other side.  Generally speaking, MaxConcurrentJobs is useless.
>> However, it can be set in the config files or in the DestControls file, but
>> it's a very silly thing to put into the config file unless *all* of your
>> destinations for the modem/system are this way.  I don't use it, but it
>> appears to be functional from DestControls per the man page:
>
>Ok, that's what I'd thought.
>
>There isn't, yet, anyway to specify a *modem group* in destctrls, is
>there?  Cause I'm sure there are still a lot of people who'd enjoy that
>feature...  (Or to be able to change DialCmd on the fly, for selecting
>trunk groups through a pbx.)

Correct again.  ModemGroup cannot be specified in the DestControls,
although this would be a highly useful feature, especially if we ever could
get a "multiple modem on one line" configuration setting made... then those
of us with lowly single-line fax arrangements, could make use of such a
feature.  (You see, it becomes "highly useful" when I can use it ;-)

However, ModemGroup can be specified by sendfax/hfaxd, so a good client
implementation could provide as a substitute for this.