Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with multiple modem configuration

At 05:14 PM 5/17/01 +0100, Philippe ADAM wrote:

>I'm using HylaFax v4.1beta2 on a Linux (Mandrake 7.2) PC equipped with an
add-on
>4 serial ports card.
>There are 3 modems connected, on ports ttyS4, ttyS5 and ttyS6.
>These modems are declared to faxq by using faxgetty.
>When I try to send 2 fax simultaneously, the first is processed normally
while
>the status of the second is :
>Blocked by concurrent job.
>I hoped that the 2 fax would have been treated simultaneously, but it's
not the
>case, although the status of the ttyS5 and ttyS6 modems is running and
iddle....

>Can you help me ?

"Blocked by concurrent job" means that you're trying to send multiple faxes
to the same fax number.  If the recipient can receive multiple calls to the
same fax number simultaneously, then you need to add this to your
DestControls file.

However, there is a patch applied in 4.1rc1 which is available by CVS that
is commonly known as a "modem round-robin" or "modem load-balancing" patch.
 It allows jobs to be allocated in a round-robin fashion within a
ModemGroup if their ModemPriority is equal.  This helps improve delivery
speed in the case of errors, but it will not help at all in the case of
"Blocked by concurrent job" unles you increment the MaxConcurrentJobs in
your DestControls file.