Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax + firewall

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Sjoerd Venema wrote:

> Now my faxserver is up and running, I would like to use it from my
> home. I redirected tcp 4559 to my faxserver, which uses a private
> ipadress. I'm not able however to connect to the server. My client
> gives the error wrong username and password. Does anyone know what the
> problem is?? By the way, I granted permissions to my public ipadress
> from my cableconnection at home in hosts.faxd

If port 4559 is forwarded directly, then it should work.

I suppose you have problems with the permissions. You should follow the
following checklist to figure out where the problem is:

 - Connect from the faxserver itself,
 - Connect from the box, which hides the faxserver,
 - Connect from any granted ip address

First you should allow access with any username/password, so erase these
information from hosts.faxd, you should see only IP addresses or hostnames
in the file.

Also note that the hiding box has two IP addresses on the two ports (both
should be granted)

Yours sincerely,
				Gábor Jeney