Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax + firewall

your client should support passive ftp connections to the hylafax server
serch the archives for "ftp" and "passive",
see the WHFC FAQ about the problem www.transcom.de/whfc (AFAIR)

Bernd

Hi,

Now my faxserver is up and running, I would like to use it from my home. I redirected tcp 4559 to my faxserver, which uses a private
ipadress. I'm not able however to connect to the server. My client gives the error wrong username and password. Does anyone know
what the problem is?? By the way, I granted permissions to my public ipadress from my cableconnection at home in hosts.faxd

thnx, Sjoerd