[hylafax-users] hylafax - mail to fax

Hi there again,

YES YES YES I'm faxing !!! Thank you !

Next on my list was mail to fax installation. First barrier for me to encounter (as
a newbee) is :

(part from the mail-to-fax.php)

Now, there are two ways to configure sendmail .

             I. You can either  add to your .mc file, that is linux.mc or
OS-Type.mc, or to
             your .m4 file the following:

                     define(`FAX_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/faxmail')dnl
                     define(`FAX_MAILER_ARGS',`faxmail -d -n -p 12 pt $u@$h $f')dnl
                     MAILER(`fax')dnl

             While the path to faxmail might be different, depending on OS-Type and
             distribution, the arguments can be taken from man (1) faxmail.
             After adding to your mail.mc or m4 file, you have to translate the
             file with the m4 macros. That is

                             # m4 mail.mc > sendmail.cf

(end text)

OK, where is the linux.mc file, and what is m4? I've been going through the mailing
list, but there was only one link to linux.mc, and that was this mail-to-fax.php.

I'm using Dmail as linux mailserver. Dmail is configured to catch everything that is
beeing send via sendmail. So I wonder if I need to make my aliases in /etc/aliases,
or in Dmail... But that's for me to find out soon :-)

Giulio Orsero wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:52:13 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >login root
> >sendfax -d 12 34 56 78 config.test.
> >faxadduser -a 1234 -p 1234 root.
> >faxrm -d 1
> >"job 1 removed"
> >Why didn't faxrm asked my password
> Because any user can delete the jobs he submits himself without having
> to enter a password.
>
> >Although I configures my modem with ttyS0, a ps -aus results in faxsend -m cua0
> >send/q1.
> ls /var/spool/fax/etc
> do you see any filename with cua0 in it?
> if you use faxgetty check that it uses ttyS0
>
> >The faxnumber contained a 0, because it needs to dial out to a city line.
> >Problem here is that the fax doesn't goes out. Could cua0 be the cause of
> You have to see if a file in /var/spool/fax/log has been created. If so
> look at it, if not look at /var/log/messages for HylaFAX errors.
>
> Also, the "faxstat -sl" output, field S, should have R or S. If W you
> need either faxgetty or faxmodem, if D it hs been done.
>
> --
> giulioo@pobox.com

Kind Regards,

Aasterud WebCom
Harry M. Aasterud      Tel.: +47 / 74 16 11 42
Utvik                  Faks: +47 / 74 16 11 43
NO-7730 Beitstad       http://www.aasterudweb.com
Norge - Norway

the system manager.

Aasterud WebCom for the presence of computer viruses.