Re: [hylafax-users] faxrm and admin password: Password incorrect

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:52:13 +0100, you wrote:

>login root
>sendfax -d 12 34 56 78 config.test.
>faxadduser -a 1234 -p 1234 root.
>faxrm -d 1
>"job 1 removed"
>Why didn't faxrm asked my password
Because any user can delete the jobs he submits himself without having
to enter a password.

>Although I configures my modem with ttyS0, a ps -aus results in faxsend -m cua0
>send/q1.
ls /var/spool/fax/etc
do you see any filename with cua0 in it?
if you use faxgetty check that it uses ttyS0

>The faxnumber contained a 0, because it needs to dial out to a city line.
>Problem here is that the fax doesn't goes out. Could cua0 be the cause of
You have to see if a file in /var/spool/fax/log has been created. If so
look at it, if not look at /var/log/messages for HylaFAX errors.

Also, the "faxstat -sl" output, field S, should have R or S. If W you
need either faxgetty or faxmodem, if D it hs been done.

--
giulioo@pobox.com