[hylafax-users] Ghostscript 6.5 and Beta 3

For some unknown reason I decided to upgrade my Ghostscript to 6.5
Now now matter what I do, I can't get "textfmt" to find the "Courier-Bold"
font. I suspect that the program is looking for an ".afm" file named
Courier-Bold.afm.

Does anybody know if this is indeed true?

What would it take to get textfmt to use the fontmap file which contains
the mapping
between common name(s) and the brutal .afm file names?

I have changed the textfmt calls in the typerules file to add the -F switch
to point
to the fonts directory...No Good
I have added the appropriate line to the hyla.conf...No Good
I have copied (I think) the hyla supplied .afm files to the
/usr/share/ghostscripts/fonts directory...No Good

This is what I have now...
hylafax-4.1beta3-1rh7

ghostscript-6.50-2
ghostscript-6.0-2

gs -h yields:

AFPL Ghostscript 6.50 (2000-12-02)
Copyright (C) 2000 Aladdin Enterprises, Menlo Park, CA.  All rights reserved.
Usage: gs [switches] [file1.ps file2.ps ...]
Most frequently used switches: (you can use # in place of =)
  -dNOPAUSE           no pause after page   | -q       `quiet', fewer messages
  -sDEVICE=<devname>  select device         | -dBATCH  exit after last file
  -sOutputFile=<file> select output file: - for stdout, |command for pipe,
                                          embed %d or %ld for page #
Input formats: PostScript PostScriptLevel1 PostScriptLevel2 PDF
Available devices:
    x11... blah blah blah ...nullpage
Search path:
    . : /usr/local/share/ghostscript/6.50/lib :
    /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts : /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1

Ideas anyone?

Jeff Herring  /  jeffh@sldsi.com
Seacoast Laboratory Data Systems, Inc.
Voice:  603 431 4114  x14