Re: [hylafax-users] OT : New Features

At 02:14 PM 2/21/01 -0500, Dave Wreski wrote:
>> There will be a non-beta 4.1 release when all of the bugs in the current
>> code are worked-through.  These are listed on Bugzilla.  Meanwhile, all of
>> the releases will be "beta".
>
>So the current CVS snapshot is something that is currently stable enough
>to use in production?

Yes.

>I have a number of USR sportster's that I'd like to get going, but past
>history has lead me to a number of well-known problems.
>
>Can someone either confirm that work has been done in the last six
>months to better support these USR modems or recommend an inexpensive
>external modem that will function reliably?

There have been significant advances in the last year regarding everything
HylaFAX.  Particularly for USR modems, Dmitry's work has helped out a
bunch, but as far as just simply "working", the issue usually has been
having faxaddmodem get the right prototype config file.  There have been a
number of updates to the config files which should allow for better default
operation for USR modems.

USR modems have a firmware timing problem when operating in Class 2.0.  Run
them in Class 1.