Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with TIFF program

Lee Howard wrote:

> At 04:17 PM 12/1/00 +0100, jehan.procaccia@int-evry.fr wrote:
> >I resolved the problem by putting in the script:
> >
> >LIBTIFF="-L/usr/lib -ltiff"
> >TIFFINC=/usr/include
> >main()
> >{
> >    if (TIFFLIB_VERSION < 19960307) {     /* check include file version
> >*/
> >
> >I changed
> >
> >if (strncmp(TIFFGetVersion(), "LIBTIFF, Version 3.4", 20) != 0)
> >
> >by
> >
> >if (strncmp(TIFFGetVersion(), "LIBTIFF, Version 3.5", 20) != 0)
> >
> >I have the following libtiff version installed on redhat :
> >
> >$rpm -qa | grep libtiff
> >libtiff-3.5.5-7
> >libtiff-devel-3.5.5-7
>
> I have trouble understanding why you didn't use the RPM.  Yet instead, you
> chose to ignore it and the src.rpm, took the source code, altered the
> configure script, neglected to find the proper tiff-3.5-interfaces.patch,
> and *then* wonder why you're having trouble.
>
> Bewildering,
>
> Lee.

It's a bit confusing, i first installed from source with no problem,
then I installed from rpm, then deinstall rpm and reinstall source ...,
I even can't remember in wich order all this happens, anyhow I went to a
step where I encontered the problem mentioned above, and resolved it
that way . You'r right, install rpm libtiff and rpm hylafax works fine
and is simpler, my production environment works this way !
--
Jehan Procaccia
Institut National des Telecommunications| Email :