[hylafax-users] Which fax modem /terminal server to use for Hylafax?

Hello,

We are trying to find a solution for moving our company onto Hylafax.

Now I am really new to this whole world, so my apologies in advance if I ask something stupid. :)

1. Fax modem?
I've been told by people that trying to use a regular off the shelf Class 2 modem for a reliable solution will be unsatisfactory. Is this a concern for places where POTS infrastructure is less than ideal? Or is it simply paranoia?
Are there any battle strength modems that people can recommend?

2. Terminal server: Can any terminal server that provides a fixed tty on the linux box satisfy Hylafax? Are there any that I should stay away from? I have been thinking in terms of the Moxa Async Server or the Equinox ESB. Any luck with these?

Thanks,
akkus