[hylafax-users] Problem with TIFF program

Hi everybody,

I have a problem while running "./configure". There seems to be a Path problem with TIFFINC and LIBTIFF.

I have tiff-v3.4 installed in /applic/tiff-v3.4/
Hylafax is in /applic/hylafax-4.1beta2/

there's nothing in /usr/local/lib, /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/include

in config.site :

TIFFINC="/applic/tiff-v3.4/libtiff"
LIBTIFF="-L/applic/tiff-v3.4/libtiff -ltiff"

I am not sure about LIBTIFF because I don't understand what it is used for.

I GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE:

Checking TIFF support.
Using TIFF binary files from /applic/tiff-v3.4/tools

Incompatible/missing TIFF Library.

Compilation or execution of the following test program failed:

#include "tiffio.h"
main()
{
    if (TIFFLIB_VERSION < 19960307) {     /* check include file version */
        printf("old include files: version %u\n", TIFFLIB_VERSION);
        exit(-1);
    }
    if (strncmp(TIFFGetVersion(), "LIBTIFF, Version 3.4", 20) != 0) {
        printf("old library: version %s\n", TIFFGetVersion());
        exit(-1);
    } else
        exit(0);
}

With:

TIFFINC=/applic/tiff-v3.4/libtiff
LIBTIFF=-L/applic/tiff-v3.4/libtiff -ltiff

The above program checks the version of the TIFF library to ensure it
is suitable for use with HylaFAX.  HylaFAX 4.1beta2 requires a recent
TIFF software distribution; one distributed March 7, 1996 or later.  If
you do not have up to date TIFF software on your system then you can
retrieve it from the location where you obtained this software.
Otherwise, if you have the right software, verify that you have the
TIFFINC and LIBTIFF configuration parameters set correctly for your
system (see above) and that any environment variables are setup that
are needed to locate a libtiff DSO at runtime (e.g. LD_LIBRARY_PATH).
Also be sure that any relative pathnames are made relative to the top
of the build area.

Unrecoverable error!  Once you've corrected the problem rerun this script.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions