Re: [hylafax-users] Problem with TIFF program

At 04:17 PM 12/1/00 +0100, jehan.procaccia@int-evry.fr wrote:
>I resolved the problem by putting in the script:
>
>LIBTIFF="-L/usr/lib -ltiff"
>TIFFINC=/usr/include
>main()
>{
>    if (TIFFLIB_VERSION < 19960307) {     /* check include file version
>*/
>
>I changed
>
>if (strncmp(TIFFGetVersion(), "LIBTIFF, Version 3.4", 20) != 0)
>
>by
>
>if (strncmp(TIFFGetVersion(), "LIBTIFF, Version 3.5", 20) != 0)
>
>I have the following libtiff version installed on redhat :
>
>$rpm -qa | grep libtiff
>libtiff-3.5.5-7
>libtiff-devel-3.5.5-7

I have trouble understanding why you didn't use the RPM.  Yet instead, you
chose to ignore it and the src.rpm, took the source code, altered the
configure script, neglected to find the proper tiff-3.5-interfaces.patch,
and *then* wonder why you're having trouble.

Bewildering,