Re: Fax mail ..

Budi Dharma Sendjaja schrieb:

> Hello.. I am just wondering if someone can write the full step how to get the
> faxmail working. I tried many times.. and after u read so many instruction in
> the archieve/mailing list.. the more I confuse. It is because, in the reply not
> many ppl explain very good or detais SO, please anyone can write the steps..
> don't need to write in full details... however it clears.
>
> OK.. thank you for reading message. Before forgot, I am using RH 6.1, sendmail
> 8.9.3 and hylafax-v4.0pl2-tar.gz..
>
> CHeers
> Budi

hello, i will try it ... my system is a suse with sendmail 8.8.8. and hylafax
4.0.pl2 from the suse distribution.

1. find your sendmail.mc or linux.mc file for generating your sendmail.cf file in
/etc/ and save it
2. find /usr/share/sendmail/mailer/fax.m4 and edit the command line to faxmail if
necessary
3. change your sendmail.mc file and add a mailer FAX
        find a section MAILER(`local`)dnl
                            MAILER(`procmail`)dnl ...
        and add :      MAILER(`fax`)dnl

        also don`t forget to modify the other parameters in the sendmail.mc file
for your local system like smarthost ...
4. if necessary install the m4 package
5. do a :  m4 /path_to_your_sendmail.cf_file/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf
6. restart sendmail with kill -HUP (PID of sendmail) and cross your fingers
7. look at /var/log/mail for error messages
8. try to send a fax with your mail-program to testfaxreceiver@7732293289283.FAX
(again cross ...)
9. be happy (or not)

Greetings Torsten