Re: Re: Faxgetty interfering with ppp

Hoje ąs 06:22, George Zeigler escreveu:

> Hello,
> 	as regular user, I can't dial out with ppp because faxgetty interferes.
>  I have to uncomment my /etc/inittab line, and reboot to connect.  I put my
> /var/log/messages to show what happens when I try to connect to the net.

It's not the solution, but you don't need to reboot. comment the line and
use the comand:

# kill -HUP 1

It restarts init, re-reading the inittab file.

> >> George wrote:
> > >How do I force faxgetty to butte out when I connect to the net?    Thanks
>
> >Ekkard wrote:
> >Faxgetty is active only in about 10% of time. Sometimes ppp
> >fax are interfering. Then I just restart ppp.
> 	Seems like 100% of the time to me.  As root, I can connect.  root seems
> to overpower faxgetty.  as a regular user, forget it.  I can't get past
> faxgetty.  This makes me wonder if it is a permissions problem.  In any case,
> HylaFax should not be messing around with my ppp.  I mean, like who wrote this
> program anyhow?
>
> >Well, you can expand ppp-up script with a examination
> >of /dev/ttyS1, too.
> 	In ordinary human language, this means what?  I use kppp from the KDE
> environment.

What Linux distribution do you use? (if you use linux, of course). If you
use RH 6.x, try to use linuxconf. It's easy to configure and easy to
connect (ifup pppx) / x E {0-n}.

I use it and I don't have problems to connect using faxgetty. But I don't
know the procedure to do this in any distribution. (yet)

Greeting from Brazil

[]'s
Ademar de Souza Reis Jr. - ademar@linuxbr.com.br
http://members.xoom.com/ademarjr
Computer Science Student / Scholarship holder PET/CAPES
Federal University of Paranį - Brasil
Registered Linux User #71790
Curitiba - PR - Brasil

--
I use Linux!!! I have a host, not a MyComputer.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions