Re: Help! HylaFax won't handshake

Hi again,

George Zeigler schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> In confit.ttyS1, I uncommented the command ModemFlowControl and put in the
> command rtscts  .
> HylaFax still hangs up on the other modem.
>
> You mentioned
>
> > ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&H0&I0&R1     # disable flow control cmdH0
> > ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&H1&I0&R2     # hardware flow control cmdH3
> > ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&H2&I2&R1     # software flow control cmdH2
>
> For my modem:
> H command not found in manual
> I command is not listed in the manual.
> R - Reverse dial.  Originate call in answer mode (go on-line in answer mode)

you can't omit the "&" sign, it is part of the command string "H" and
"&H"
are two different commands. look for "&H", that should be supported.
the lines obeve are the ones for my USR Sportster MessagePlus,
they are an example only.

> Then I did a string search for "rts".  This was what I found
>
> &Kn - set local flow control
> &K0 - disable flow control
> &K3* - enable bi-directional hardware flow control (CTS/RTS)
> &K4 - enable bi-directional software flow control (Xon/Xoff)
>
> &Qn - local flow control options
> \Q0 - disable flow control (same as "AT&K0")
> \Q1 - XON/XOFF software flow control (same as "AT&K4")
> \Q3* - RTS/CTS hardware flow control (same as "AT&K3")
>
> Does this shed any light on my next move?

yes, it does

for your modem, i would set the lines to the following:

ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&H0&K0
ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&H1&K3
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&H2&K4

and i would remove the @ sign from your dialstring as