Re: Help! HylaFax won't handshake

Hello,

In confit.ttyS1, I uncommented the command ModemFlowControl and put in the
command rtscts  .
HylaFax still hangs up on the other modem.

You mentioned

> ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&H0&I0&R1     # disable flow control cmdH0
> ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&H1&I0&R2     # hardware flow control cmdH3
> ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&H2&I2&R1     # software flow control cmdH2

For my modem:
H command not found in manual
I command is not listed in the manual.
R - Reverse dial.  Originate call in answer mode (go on-line in answer mode)

Then I did a string search for "rts".  This was what I found

&Kn - set local flow control
&K0 - disable flow control
&K3* - enable bi-directional hardware flow control (CTS/RTS)
&K4 - enable bi-directional software flow control (Xon/Xoff)

&Qn - local flow control options
\Q0 - disable flow control (same as "AT&K0")
\Q1 - XON/XOFF software flow control (same as "AT&K4")
\Q3* - RTS/CTS hardware flow control (same as "AT&K3")

Does this shed any light on my next move?
> hope that helps
	Heck yeah it helps.  Now I can just keep pestering the list till I get
the correct commands.

Thanks
George

--