Faxgetty interfering with ppp /dev/modem

Hello,
	I finally have Faxgetty up and running and faxing with the command line
fx:2345:respawn:/usr/lib/fax/faxgetty /dev/ttyS1
 In /etc/inittab
My config
/var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS1

	When I went to connect to the internet using kppp in the KDE
environment, I no longer could connect using /dev/modem .  The log file
was blank.  No AT lines or nothing.
	I simply reset the modem to /dev/ttyS1 and no problem.

	I was not having this problem till I added the fx... line in inittab,
so faxgetty is causing the problem.  I don't get it.  I have my fax
configured direct to /dev/ttyS1 not to /dev/modem , so why would it be
interferring with my symbolic link to /dev/modem

	I use SuSE 6.2 (Linux).

Thanks
George Zeigler

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions