Re: Faxgetty interfering with ppp /dev/modem

George Zeigler wrote:

>         When I went to connect to the internet using kppp in the KDE
> environment, I no longer could connect using /dev/modem .  The log file
> was blank.  No AT lines or nothing.
>         I simply reset the modem to /dev/ttyS1 and no problem.

Yes , /dev/modem and /dev/ttyS1 are infering. You can see, that
in /var/locks there are while interfering:

-r--r--r--   1 uucp     uucp           11 Dec 28 19:53 LCK..ttyS1
-r--r--r--   1 uucp     uucp           11 Dec 28 19:52 LCK..modem

when both tasks want to access the modem. Solution: use only
/dev/ttyS1 ! (Don´t use /dev/modem for both, because linux has
problems with locking /dev/modem , although it should work with
/dev/modem , too)

Ekkard

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions