Getty this getty that!

Hello,
	I thought I would mention a difficulty that arose for me as a Newbie to
both Linux and HylaFax.  I now have HylaFax working, thanks to this
thread.  I use SuSE 6.2 installed on a Winbook XL laptop by the way.
	HylaFax/SuSEFax would not work.  I kept looking in my inittab file.  I
would look and stare at the mingetty listings, wondering what they
meant.  Yes I read the man pages and HylaFax stuff.  I thought that
anything with the word getty in it meant a faxprogram of sorts.  I knew
that I did not have faxgetty in the file.  But that was OK, since I had
a smaller version if faxgetty named mingetty.  Meaning miniture getty in
my way of thinking.  I just assumed that SuSE used mingetty as a scaled
down version to send faxes.  		Anyhow, I think it would be a good idea
to have a "Getty explaination for Newbies" in the HylaFax documentation
that would make it clear that the word getty does not imply a fax
program.  I almost thought of deleting my mingetty stuff, and replacing
it with faxgetty commands so that the two "fax programs" would not
clash, in my twisted getty way of thinking.  I repeat, everything with
the word getty in it was a fax program to me.  That was my mistake.  I
now realize that I would have been real sorry if I had deleted my
mingetty settings.

Thanks
George Zeigler

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions