Re: consultant wanted for install...

> a reasonable percentage of the complaints(perhaps up to half) are due to
> the Hylafax configuration file by default not being setup right for use
> with the Sportster.

My impression is that it is worse than that.  As I see it, Sportsters
used to work with the supplied configuration file, then, after a firmware
change, used to fail so badly that the only solution was to go to Class
1, and finally came back halfway and behaved illegally with the standard
configuration but could be made to work by changing that configuration.
By illegally, I mean they did things that should not have happened even
for a bad configuration file.

It might be worth noting that there seems to be very little documentation
available from the late USR on how to operate them in fax mode, so I suspect
the configuration files were constructed by a combination of reading the
generic EIA specs and trial and error.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions