Re: customizing coverpages?

On Wed, Apr 07, 1999 at 09:42:24AM -0500, Keith G. Murphy wrote:
> Daryl Williams wrote:
> >
> > hello,
> >
> > i have just set up a hylafax server and i would like to customize
> > the cover page. it currently prints a silicon graphics logo.
> > is there a way to change this? also the cover page does not
> > contain "company", "regarding", or "comment" information
> > although we are passing these from sendfax. any ideas, or
> > rtfs are welcomed, especially with a pointer to the fm.
> >
> > i am running the server on a redhat linux system. please
> > repond directly, as i am not subscribed to this group.
> >
> I've already E-mailed Daryl, as well as mistakenly posting to the
> debian-users list, but, in case someone else is interested:
>
> Try this rough script I wrote:
>
> http://www.mindspring.net/~keithmur/scripts/insertlogo/insertlogo.pl
>
> As the only parameter, supply the name of a gif file you want inserted
> in place of the SGI logo.
>
> You'll have to have giftopnm and pnmtops to run this.
>
> Daryl says it works, too...  :-)

:-)

I designed my own cover page, and then went into the "master" copy that
comes wth the package and snipped out the parts of the Postscript that were
important, pasting them into the appropriate places.

It took a few iterations of testing, but it works.

You might want to consider, for the next "roll" of the code, putting
together JUST the snippets of the code that need to be there (the macro
defintitions and expansions) and how to paste them into a standard
Postscript page.

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net)  Web: fathers.denninger.net
I ain't even *authorized* to speak for anyone other than myself, so give
up now on trying to associate my words with any particular organization.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions