Re: UK users

Phil Watkinson wrote:

> At 14:21 19/03/99 +0000, Ian Diddams <coninds@swindon.ericsson.se> wrote:
> >What do UK users of HylaFAX use in their config files for
> >
> >AreaCode, LongDistancePrefix ??
> >
> >The US obviously doesn't use the "0" prefix to dialling codes that we
> >do, but then again we don;t have a generic long distance code (other
> >than any number beginning with a 0 is deemed to need routing "long
> >distance".
> >

> Hmmm, I've wondered about this as well. This is what I've got, and it
> seems to work. The long distance prefix is ignored (left at default):
>
> CountryCode:         44
> AreaCode:            1205
> FAXNumber:           01205725015
> LongDistancePrefix:  1
> InternationalPrefix: 00
>

> >And for those users witha  PBX, do you place the "escape" number
> >(typically 9) in the dial string (eg ATDT9%s) or do you make the
> >LongDistancePrefix 9, and dial ALL faxes "long distance" ie with STD
> >code.
> >

> No, I amend the dialrules file instead, and have my cake *and* eat it.
>
> I added to my /var/spool/fax/etc/dialrules file:
>
>         ^[0-9]{7,}$             = 9,&           ! add 9 and a pause for external calls
>
> just before the final "]" on the last line of the file.

Thanks Phil, I used this for a customer with 3 digit extentions and a
dial"0" for outside

Well, we have similar dial rules in AUS... there is a man page for
dialrules and a dialtest program.
Set your LD code to 0 and your area code to 1205.

To test use...

/usr/sbin/dialtest -a 1205 -c 44 -i 00 -l 0 /var/spool/fax/etc/dialrules

...and you get a "ready>" prompt. Try entering a few numbers with
+61-3-9874-0115 format...
and then try a a LD number starting with a "0". Finally test your own UK
+44 gets stripped and your own 1205 too.

It works for me!

--
Keith

http://members.ocean.com.au/kapgray