Re: UK users

At 13:57 22/03/99 +1100, Keith Gray <kapgray@ocean.com.au> wrote:
>[snip]
>Set your LD code to 0 and your area code to 1205.
>
>To test use...
>
>/usr/sbin/dialtest -a 1205 -c 44 -i 00 -l 0 /var/spool/fax/etc/dialrules
>
>...and you get a "ready>" prompt. Try entering a few numbers with
>+61-3-9874-0115 format...
>and then try a a LD number starting with a "0". Finally test your own UK
>+44 gets stripped and your own 1205 too.

Thanks very much for the info. Spent an interesting half hour trying
various combinations, and managing only to get the international code
stripped off, until I realized I was using the default dialrules file.

To strip off the local area code from the dialstring you need to use
the dialrules.europe file.

>It works for me!
>
>--
>Keith

And it works for me too, now. Thanks again.

Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK

PS dialrules.europe? Perhaps it should be dialrules.rest_of_world?
    - No, better still -  dialrules.usa_not!   :-)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions