Re: UK users

At 14:21 19/03/99 +0000, Ian Diddams <coninds@swindon.ericsson.se> wrote:
>What do UK users of HylaFAX use in their config files for
>
>AreaCode, LongDistancePrefix ??
>
>The US obviously doesn't use the "0" prefix to dialling codes that we
>do, but then again we don;t have a generic long distance code (other
>than any number beginning with a 0 is deemed to need routing "long
>distance".

Hmmm, I've wondered about this as well. This is what I've got, and it
seems to work. The long distance prefix is ignored (left at default):

CountryCode:         44
AreaCode:            1205
FAXNumber:           01205725015
LongDistancePrefix:  1
InternationalPrefix: 00

>And for those users witha  PBX, do you place the "escape" number
>(typically 9) in the dial string (eg ATDT9%s) or do you make the
>LongDistancePrefix 9, and dial ALL faxes "long distance" ie with STD
>code.

No, I amend the dialrules file instead, and have my cake *and* eat it.

I added to my /var/spool/fax/etc/dialrules file:

	^[0-9]{7,}$		= 9,&		! add 9 and a pause for external calls

just before the final "]" on the last line of the file.

This way you can also dial to internal extension numbers (assuming that
they are less than 7 digits) as well.

>And how does HylaFAX use these codes anyway?

Certainly used in the dialrules processing; not sure if anywhere else
(perhaps destcrtls ?).

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.